Wednesday, September 24, 2008

When there used to be music on music television.

Bored last night, I switched to MTV. And in one of those sudden fits of nostalgia I seem to have quite often these days, I remembered the 'good ol' days' when there acutally used to music (not neccessarily good, but nevertheless music) on MTV, only interrupted by the occasional Beavis & Butthead or Sout Park episode. Today, South Park interrupts the endless stream of scripted, dreadful dating shows (and there even worse spin offs). And I remembered the great time when Viva Zwei was still on air. And Charlotte Roche did great, well-intended shows (instead of writing bad yet wellintended books) like Fast Foreward.

And then, Pavement's "Carrot Rope" video popped up in my mind. First saw it on Fast Forward, back when there still was music on music television.




No comments:

Post a Comment